The FOA continues to recognise the value of cost effective training, services and publications for members and, to this end, has negotiated further discounts in conjunction with
- NYSE Liffe
- 7city Learning
Liffe Interest Rate Education Programme
FOA members qualify for a 20% discount on the following NYSE Liffe Fixed Income courses:
All FOA members are eligible for a 10% discount on the following 7city Learning courses:
- Certificate in Quantitative Finance (CQF)
- Chartered Financial Analyst ® (CFA®) Program
- Diploma in Investment Operations
- Advanced Certificate in Operational Risk
- Securities Institute & Investment Certificates
- Investment Administration Qualification (IAQ™)
- Investment Management Certificate (IMC)
- Understanding Derivatives
- Introduction to Swaps
- Introduction to Equity Derivatives
- Introduction to Credit Derivatives
- Exotic Equity Derivatives, Pricing & Hedging
- Volatility, Advanced Modelling with PC Workshops
- VG Modelling: Pricing Financial Derivatives in Equity and Credit Risk
- Certificate in C++ for Quantitative Finance
- Mathematics for Quantitative Finance
Certificate in Commodity Derivatives
The FOA has also worked with the Securities & Investment Institute on the development of their Certificate in Commodity Derivatives. This new examination, and its accompanying workbook, was launched at the London Metal Exchange in November 2008. The SII Certificate in Commodity Derivatives has been developed with input from leading exchanges.
It is the first qualification developed specifically for those working in commodities markets; it involves a two hour multiple choice examination which can be taken via computer based testing at a time and place to suit the candidate. Results are available instantly.
The Certificate in Commodity Derivatives consists of a technical unit and a regulatory unit, with combined study time totaling approximately 170 hours. Training providers offering the Certificate will include BPP and 7City. The Financial Services Skills Council has recognised this qualification as meeting the National Occupational Standards for Wholesale Derivatives and has, therefore, placed it on the Recommended Examination List.
The FOA is also working with the London Investment Banking Association (LIBA) on a project to deliver practical guidance for wholesale firms on managing recruitment, competence and training.